We are keenly aware that information about our area's employment opportunities is key to your family moving to Dothan.
Excellent local jobs are available especially in government/aviation, education, non-profits, finance, healthcare, hospitality/tourism, manufacturing, and technology.
Here's several "hot jobs" currently under recruitment.Planner SE AL Regional Planning and Development Commission
Utility Systems Engineer ($80,000) City of Dothan
Dental Hygienist ($56,156) Federal Government
Project Manager LBA Hospitality
Student Leadership & Activities Coordinator Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine
Buyer Commercial Jet
Court Clerk ($35,000) City of Dothan
And, for immediate one-click access to the area's sixty-two largest employers' job postings web pages, Click here.
Proof Positive, Dothan's Low Cost of Living
Synagogue Renovation Underway
Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)
For more information, or to apply for this scholarship, please visit either the:•
Southeast Alabama Medical Foundationat:
samcfoundation.org or the
Eleven families, 22 adults and 10 children, from 8 states, have moved here via this very successful project.
Come Join Us!
Family Relocation Project Summary
Grants Up to $50,000
We are eager to move at least twenty Jewish families to Dothan Alabama by 2016. To achieve this objective, we offer financial assistance up to $50,000 per family.
- We seek Jewish families who intend to move to, and remain in, Dothan for at least five years.
- We will carefully evaluate candidate families so that we bring to Dothan those who have the best opportunity for success.
- Grants are available, for those who qualify, up to $50,000 in the following general categories (and maximum amounts):
- Relocation - moving and resettling ($7,500)
- Housing - primary residence ($7,500)
- Temple Emanu-El membership ($1,000)
- Repaying outstanding educational loans ($15,000)
- Small business seed money ($15,000)
- Children's private secular K-12 education ($7,500)
- Other outstanding financial obligations ($7,500)
- Pass background and credit checks
- Submit written personal and Rabbinic references
- Host an in-home visit at your current residence
- Travel to Dothan to meet your new community
Interested in this once in a lifetime opportunity?
Our work is driven by the core values of areivut (assuming responsibility for our fellow Jews) and chased (performing acts of loving kindness).
We are guided by a deep devotion to Judaism and a profound commitment to fulfill the Biblical imperative of tikkun olam (repairing the world).