Sep. 28th, 2016
Chance of a Thun
89°F / 64°F
We are keenly aware that information about our area's employment opportunities is key to your family moving to Dothan.
Excellent local jobs are available especially in government/aviation, education, non-profits, finance, healthcare, hospitality/tourism, manufacturing, and technology.
Here's several "hot jobs" currently under recruitment.
Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine Systems Analyst
Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine Student Life Coordinator (up to $83,890)
Wallace Community College Training Management Information System Lead
CAE Instructional System Designer
CAE Task Force Director of Sales
LBA Hospitality HR Generalist
LBA Hospitality Procurement Tech (up to $52,043)
Fort Rucker, Civilian Staff Psychologist Outpatient (up to $109,781)
Veterans Affairs Chief Medical Officer (up to $230,000)
Veterans Affairs Principal (up to $146,416)
Fort Rucker, DoD Education Assistant Principal (up tp $128,700)
Fort Rucker, DoD Eduication Occupational Therapist
SpringLeaf Healthcare Network Engineer
Five Star Credit Union
And, for immediate one-click access to the area's sixty-two largest employers' job postings web pages, Click here.
"The Pew Patrol"
September 13, 2016
On Sunday morning September 11th, synagogue volunteers of all ages rolled up their sleeves to prepare our sanctuary for the High Holidays.
Camp Jacobs is Awesome !
July 25, 2016
Shabbat, July 22/23 at the URJ's regional camp in Utica, Mississippi was really special.
Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)
For more information, or to apply for this scholarship, please visit either the:
Southeast Alabama Medical Foundation
Enjoy this three minute experience of Dothan's reinvigorated, growing Jewish community.
Family Relocation Project Summary
Grants Up to $50,000
We are eager to move at least seven more Jewish families to Dothan, Alabama in addition to those that we have previously resettled here. To achieve this objective, we offer financial assistance up to $50,000 per family.
- We seek Jewish families who intend to move to, and remain in, Dothan for at least five years.
- We will carefully evaluate candidate families so that we bring to Dothan those who have the best opportunity for success.
- Grants are available, for those who qualify, up to $50,000 in the following general categories (and maximum amounts):
- Relocation - moving and resettling ($7,500)
- Housing - primary residence ($7,500)
- Temple Emanu-El membership ($1,000)
- Small business seed money ($15,000)
- Children's private secular K-12 education ($7,500)
- Pass background and credit checks
- Submit written personal and Rabbinic references
- Host an in-home visit at your current residence
- Travel to Dothan to meet your new community
Interested in this once in a lifetime opportunity?
Blumberg Family Jewish Community Services
seeks to build, sustain, and assure the continuity of a vibrant Jewish
community in Dothan, Alabama.
Our work is driven by the core values of areivut (assuming responsibility
for our fellow Jews) and chased (performing acts of loving kindness).
We are guided by a deep devotion to Judaism and a profound commitment to
fulfill the Biblical imperative of tikkun olam (repairing the world).