We are keenly aware that information about our area's employment opportunities is key to your family moving to Dothan.
Excellent local jobs are available especially in government/aviation, education, non-profits, finance, healthcare, hospitality/tourism, manufacturing, and technology.
Here's several "hot jobs" currently under recruitment.Associate Dean, Fine and Performing Arts Chipola College
Assistant Librarian AL College of Osteopathic Medicine
IT Coordinator/Network Administrator Nypro
Three Associate Dean Positions Wallace Community College
Registered Dietician Extendicare
And, for immediate one-click access to the area's sixty-two largest employers' job postings web pages, Click here.
End of the Year Religious School Picnic
Earning the Cub Scout's Aleph Medal
Deli Day 2013 at Temple Emanu-El
Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)
For more information, or to apply for this scholarship, please visit either the:•
Southeast Alabama Medical Foundationat:
samcfoundation.org or the
Shalom to Jewish families, those with younger children, as well as empty nesters age 55+ who are responding to our advertisements in Reform Judaism Magazine.
Family Relocation Project Summary
Grants Up to $50,000
We are eager to move at least twenty Jewish families to Dothan Alabama by 2016. To achieve this objective, we offer financial assistance up to $50,000 per family.
- We seek Jewish families who intend to move to, and remain in, Dothan for at least five years.
- We will carefully evaluate candidate families so that we bring to Dothan those who have the best opportunity for success.
- Grants are available, for those who qualify, up to $50,000 in the following general categories (and maximum amounts):
- Relocation - moving and resettling ($7,500)
- Housing - primary residence ($7,500)
- Temple Emanu-El membership ($1,000)
- Repaying outstanding educational loans ($15,000)
- Small business seed money ($15,000)
- Children's private secular K-12 education ($7,500)
- Other outstanding financial obligations ($7,500)
- Pass background and credit checks
- Submit written personal and Rabbinic references
- Host an in-home visit at your current residence
- Travel to Dothan to meet your new community
Interested in this once in a lifetime opportunity?
Our work is driven by the core values of areivut (assuming responsibility for our fellow Jews) and chased (performing acts of loving kindness).
We are guided by a deep devotion to Judaism and a profound commitment to fulfill the Biblical imperative of tikkun olam (repairing the world).